More Than a Class

More Than a Class

I’ve watched the newspaper undergo some pretty drastic changes over the years.

Maria Sellers, Editor

This is the last editorial I will ever write for The Herald. I never actually thought it would come. It’s strange to think that next year I won’t be writing for the staff. I’ve been on the newspaper staff for three years now, and I’ve watched it grow from something that went straight into the recycling into something that other students care about just as much as I do.

It’s hard for me to imagine life without The Herald next year. It’s weird for me to think that I won’t be frantically formatting with InDesign or waiting for the printer to finally print the newspaper correctly. Next year, the newspaper won’t even be printed. That’s just one more change that I have watched the paper undergo.

No other class has ever made more of an impact on me than Yearbook and Newspaper. It’s more than a class, it’s a family. Once you’ve been on the staff, even if it’s just for one year, there are certain things you understand that nobody else gets. We may make each other crazy, but at the end of the day we understand each other better than anyone else.

I am so incredibly happy to have had the opportunity to be on The Herald staff. I have met and worked with so many wonderful people who each bring their own unique perspective to the paper. To everyone I’ve worked with, but especially to this year’s staff, thank you. Thank you for working with me through the calm and the chaos. Thank you for not being irritated with me when I ask you about your image seventeen times. Thank you for making me laugh and giving me something to look forward to every single day. But most of all, thank you because I can graduate knowing that I’m leaving The Herald and its legacy in good hands.