Signed, Sealed, Delivered, They’re Yours

Alaina+Riordan%2812%29%2C+John+Ward%2812%29%2C+and+Christina+Welmaker%2812%29+celebrating+their+huge+accomplishment+and+representing+their+future+schools.+

Alaina Riordan(12), John Ward(12), and Christina Welmaker(12) celebrating their huge accomplishment and representing their future schools.

Carley Beam, Staff Reporter

Monday, April 24th was another exciting day for Wade Hampton High School Athletics. Three of our athletes signed to continue their athletic careers at the collegiate level. John Ward(12) signed to run for the track and cross country team for Clemson University. Alaina Riordan(12) signed to run cross country and track at the University Of Tennessee. There is a lot of orange in those runners futures and we are so proud of them! Last, but certainly not least, Christina Welmaker(12) signed to Lander University for cheer. These three shared their signing day along with coaches, family, friends, and teammates. It was a great celebration and a wonderful send off for out athletes into their future sports career. At the end of the day, however, as coach Choplin said, “they will always be Generals.”