Box Office Flop or Hit?

Box Office Flop or Hit?

William Farrior (12) caresses Edward Cullen, excited about the new possible movies.

Allyssa Maloney, Staff Reporter

Guess what? You can pull out your old “Team Edward” and “Team Jacob” t-shirts, because the Lionsgate chief says Twilight and The Hunger Games have “more stories to tell.” Lionsgate just need the sign off from Stephenie Meyer (author of the Twilight series) and Suzanne Collins (author of The Hunger Games trilogy). Lionsgate suggested that there will be additions to the stories and spinoffs. Jennifer Lawrence, the actress who played Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games, said that she will have no part in the new additions to the series.

The real question is, will these movies be a success? With The Hunger Games series, there is still a plethora of information that can be explored about the dystopian world. They could keep following Katniss Everdeen’s life or go to a completely different district and experience others’ struggles. But, what else is there to learn about sparkly vampires and werewolves? (Hint: not much.) Jon Feltheimer, the CEO of Lionsgate, told Variety.com that he expects it to be a success. That opinion is not popular with some students at Wade Hampton. Senior Michael Walker stated, “Those books do not deserve spin offs.” Unlike Michael Walker, senior Chris Hernandez agrees with Jon Feltheimer and is excited about the new additions and spinoffs. We’ll find out soon whether these will be a success or a major flop.

Lionsgate also released plans for an outdoor theme park at Korea’s Jeju Shinwa World. Lionsgate Movie World will be the center of this theme park and the themed zones will be The Hunger Games, The Twilight Saga, Now You See Me, and the new Robin Hood. Each zone will have themed restaurants, rides, souvenir shops, and many other things, according to which part you’re in. The construction is expected to start in 2018 for a 2019 opening.

1 Comment

One Response to “Box Office Flop or Hit?”

1. Julianna Crawford on September 25th, 2017 11:08 am

Who builds a theme park in Korea? And what twilight themed rides would that have? Run from the missiles dressed like vampires? These are the real questions

• Box Office Flop or Hit?

Uncategorized

In the AP Class, Practice Makes Perfect

• Box Office Flop or Hit?

Uncategorized

Dual Credit? More Like Cool Credit

• Box Office Flop or Hit?

Uncategorized

Will You Go to Prom With Me?

• Box Office Flop or Hit?

Uncategorized

Promposals Cause Unnecessary Stress

• Box Office Flop or Hit?

Uncategorized

The Older, the Better

• Box Office Flop or Hit?

Uncategorized

People, Stop Living in the Past: Why New Style Clothing is Better

• Box Office Flop or Hit?

Uncategorized

Why Off Brand Products Are Better Than Name Brand Products

• Box Office Flop or Hit?

Uncategorized

Brand Names are Winning the Race

• Box Office Flop or Hit?

Uncategorized

Why Apple Watch Users Should Buy a Fitbit

• Box Office Flop or Hit?

Uncategorized

Why Apple Watches are Better Than Fitbits

Box Office Flop or Hit?