Teacher of the Year Finalists Announced

Amanda Wampler, Staff Reporter

Every year, Wade Hampton High School staff nominates their fellow staff members for Teacher of the Year. Each teacher nominates one teacher they believe to fit the credentials. On November 11, the runner-ups were announced. This year, the three teachers that were picked were: Mr. Ramey, Mrs. Serina, and Ms. Wright.

Mr. Ramey

The newest teacher to make the list, Corey Ramey, is a fifth-year French teacher at Wade Hampton. He has been involved as an advisor of French Club, and in 2015 he was awarded the WYFF4 Golden Apple Teaching Award. Ramey is excited to be a runner-up. If he wins, he wants to be a good representation of what Wade Hampton is about. He said, “I think I will mostly be representing WHHS and all the great work we do at WHHS at the district and state level.  Additionally, if I were Teacher of the Year, I would expect myself to continue volunteering and working so that WHHS stays the best school in the district!”

Mrs. Serina

Danielle Serina has been an English teacher at Wade Hampton English since 2008. She was formerly the coach of varsity lacrosse and cheerleading, but stepped down to be with her family. Now, she runs the Youth in Government club with Mr. Serina, her husband. She is passionate about teaching and is happy to be a possible representative of Wade Hampton as Teacher of the Year

Ms. Wright

Logan Wright is in her sixth year teaching math at Wade Hampton High School. She also teaches Teacher Cadet, a class that prepares students aspiring to be teachers. Along with her classes, she is also the Varsity Girls Golf coach. Wright is clearly passionate about teaching the next generation, and she could bring that passion to the whole school as Teacher of the Year.

All of these teachers show great passion and prove every day that they could each be a great representation of Wade Hampton’s achievements. After one of these three teachers are selected, they will go on to represent Wade Hampton as Teacher of the Year for 2018 in the district competition.

About the Writer
Amanda Wampler, Staff Reporter

Amanda Wampler is a junior and a second year staff reporter for The Herald. She is also the editor of the yearbook. Born in Westerville, Ohio, she moved...