The Newest General

The Newest General

Congratulations to Mrs. Tingle and her husband on the birth of their daughter Eleanor Ruth Tingle!

Juliana Franco, Staff Reporter

While teachers and students enjoyed delicious Thanksgiving food, relaxed on the couch, went black friday shopping, and participated in other fun break activities, senior counselor Mrs.Tingle spent her week anxiously awaiting the arrival of her first child. Throughout the majority of her pregnancy, Mrs.Tingle worked full time as a guidance counselor. As if being a counselor isn’t enough, Tingle was also in charge of the senior class. This means that on top of her regular counseling duties Mrs. Tingle also had to take care of around 400 seniors, all while carrying a baby.

Being the senior year counselor is quite the handful when more than 200 eager students ask for recommendations, transcripts, application help, and all the general questions involving college. Since Mrs.Tingle has followed the Class of 2018 for four years as their guidance counselor, some seniors see her as a mother figure. When asked if being the “mom” of 400 seniors has prepared her to be a real mother, Tingle said, “Having the same group of students throughout the years as I’ve gotten to know them and care for them has mentally and emotionally prepared me to love my own baby more than I ever thought possible.” In regards to leaving WHHS and her seniors for a few months, Mrs. Tingle stated, “I miss all of my students a lot, but I know they’re in good hands. I’m also a little sleep deprived, so it’s probably a good thing for everyone that I’m home while I figure this thing out.”

Mrs. Tingle plans to return to Wade Hampton on February 5th of next year. Until then she will stay at home putting her senior “mom” skills to practice with her newborn daughter Eleanor Rose Tingle. Eleanor might not know this quite yet, but her mom is great counselor, and without a doubt will be the best mom.