Ink N Ivy: Greenville’s Finest

Ink N Ivy: Greenville’s Finest

Lucy Garcia, Co-editor

Greenville is nothing without its restaurant scene. Apart from the parks, architecture, and shops located around town, a description of Greenville would be incomplete without a mention of the beloved cuisine. One of the restaurants on my ever-growing list of places to eat in Greenville was Ink N Ivy. Located 21 E Coffee St, this hidden treasure sits on a small street that branches off of Main St. This week, I decided to try it out and see if the food was as good as it looks on Instagram.

At first glance, Ink N Ivy looks pleasantly welcoming. The garage doors that line the bottom floor definitely drew me in. The wall art and decorations were unique and gave the building character. I took two of my friends after school, so we were dressed in the clothes that we wore that day. I was nervous that we would be underdressed, but that was not the case. The restaurant had a range of people wearing a variety of clothing, from dresses to t-shirts. Our service was great. Our waitress was cheerful and continuously filled up our drinks. I ordered a cheeseburger, which was delicious and sizable. Unfortunately, my burger was on the expensive side. I would not recommend this restaurant to high school students on a tight budget.

Since I visited the restaurant on a school night, we were seated on the first floor instead of the roof. I cannot speak for the infamous rooftop dining area or the atmosphere that must fill the place on a Saturday night, so my perspective is pretty limited. All things considered, the restaurant was still enjoyable and I was able to have a good conversation with my friends while finishing a scrumptious cheeseburger.

Junior Abby Henderson was impressed with her meal and enjoyed eating at Ink N Ivy. When asked if she would go again, she exclaimed, “Yeah! I would go for a birthday or a family gathering.” If you can spare a twenty dollar bill for your meal and tip, I would highly recommend this restaurant. Otherwise, Wendy’s has a great cheeseburger that you can purchase for much cheaper.

About the Writer
Lucy Garcia, Editor-in-Chief

Lucy Garcia is Editor-in-Chief of The Herald and a senior at Wade Hampton. This is her third year reporting on staff and her second year as editor. When...