Join the Publications Staff

Join the Publications Staff

Amanda Wampler, Staff Reporter

Finding the right extracurriculars at school can be difficult. Although there are many clubs and activities at Wade Hampton, none of them might feel like the perfect fit. Luckily, for any student passionate about writing and photography, the publications staff is now accepting applications! Publications class is an elective that includes both the yearbook and newspaper staff. This class gives students the ability to get involved with teachers and other students by conducting interviews and taking pictures at school events. The class spends the year gathering pictures and creating the yearbook, along with each staff member publishing one article per week. It is a fun class that not only adds to a students college applications but adds great memories to a student’s high school experience.

Students are already getting excited about the upcoming year in hopes of joining the staff for the 2019-2020 school year. Though the outside commitment is much less in comparison to student council, students are required to take pictures at school events, especially during Spirit Week.

The current publications staff is excited to recruit new members and find students passionate about writing and photography. The class is a close-knit group and though the creation of the yearbook and newspaper can be stressful at times, it gives students a get to know new people who soon become family. Any student who has an interest in joining the staff should see Mrs. Grieve in room 202 for more information or fill out the google form located HERE