Poke Bros Review

Christina Nguyen (10) enjoys her food from Poke Bros.

Lauren Fels, Staff Reporter

Poke (pronounced po-kay) Bros is a new Hawaiian restaurant in Greenville, South Carolina. This is a unique place to eat at because poke is a raw fish salad served as an appetizer in Hawaii cuisine. It is similar to sushi, but it is served in a bowl. Most customers use the create your own option off of the menu. This allows them to choose a base, ingredients, protein, flavors, and toppings.

Typically, a specific rice is chosen for the base. White, brown, and sushi rice are popular options. Once a foundation is chosen, the customer can choose to add any of the following ingredients that they want: Jalapeno, edamame, carrots, masago, sweet onion, cucumber, green onion, pineapple, corn, ginger, tofu, avocado, crab stick, and seaweed salad. Step three allows the customer to choose from a variety of proteins such as chicken and salmon to add to their bowl. Then, seasonings and sauces are added. There are also signature bowls on the menu to choose from. Sophomore Christina Nguyen said, “I think that the create your own bowl option is so convenient and a brilliant idea because you can build your own bowl if you are an picky eater and it lets you customize your bowl to your own liking. For first timers I definitely recommend building your own bowl because you can put what you want into the course because you know what you will like or will not like. Also it is about the same price as their regular signature bowl.”

This new restaurant is located on Pelham Road and everything on the menu is around ten dollars. The environment is very friendly and it is a great place for those who are feeling adventurous with food and want to try something new.

Christina Nguyen (10) poses in front of her food from Poke Bros.