Dating on a High School Budget

Caleb+Deaton+%2812%29+focuses+on+how+much+money+he+has+in+his+bank+account+for+dates+on+the+weekend+rather+than+his+school+work.+
Caleb Deaton (12) focuses on how much money he has in his bank account for dates on the weekend rather than his school work.

Zoie Poole, Staff Reporter

Due to the fact that fancy dinners and costly ticket prices all add up, here is the ultimate guide for dating on a high schooler’s budget. There are stay-in options for the homebodies to outdoorsy adventures that mainly only require spare change and a positive attitude.

Go Antiquing or Thrifting Together

The possibility of finding the next one-of-a-kind shirt is not out of reach, so spending a few hours pursuing a dedicated antique-mart or a thrift store is a great way to have a laugh and get a few cool t-shirts out of it too.  

Volunteer Together

Boyfriend or girlfriend with a heart of gold? Find a local charity, like the soup kitchen or an animal shelter to volunteer at for the day. Acts of generosity increase well-being and happiness overall and everyone could use more of that in their lives.

Museum Culture Shock

While certain museums hike up their prices, there are many here in Greenville that offer free admission for the teens on a cultured budget.

Arcade Night

The only necessary items needed are quarters and those are easy to find inside of the couch cushions. Make things even more interesting by betting on who can win the most prizes.

Sing It Loud and Sing It Proud

Karaoke night is a known winner, even for the ones who can not carry a tune. Stick to well-known duets for extra points in the comedy section.

Strategic Cooking

Don’t want to blow a budget on eating out? Pick a recipe and team up on chopping and stirring.  

Whether a night in or a night out, there are plenty more things to do on dates. The main focus of these dates should not be about how much they cost, but rather the time spent with one another.