ConGRADulations to the Elected Graduation Speakers

John-Tyler+Thompson+%2812%29+and+Coach+Burrow+posing+excitedly%2C+looking+forward+to+graduation.+

John-Tyler Thompson (12) and Coach Burrow posing excitedly, looking forward to graduation.

Carley Beam, Staff Reporter

With almost 45 days of school left until graduation, the senior class has come to their final stressful weeks of high school. Between senior meetings, grades, ordering cap and gowns, prom, and graduation practices, there is a lot of pressure on seniors to do their best and finish strong. Last week, the senior class voted on the annually elected student and elected teacher. John-Tyler Thompson and Coach Burrow were voted to speak and represent the senior class at graduation. Burrow has the easy side of the honor; he will simply shake students hands-on stage as they walk across to collect their diplomas. It is truly an honor, as an educator, to see that you have made it possible for a student to graduate.

Thompson, however, got the stressful role. He will have to give a speech in front of not only the entire senior staff and faculty but also every family member in attendance on the big day. When asked why he wanted to speak and what he plans to speak on, he said, “Getting picked for this position makes me feel very honored. I have a big challenge ahead of me but I’m ready to face it.” This year’s graduation will be a special day for everyone, but especially Mr. Williams. This year’s senior class, the class of 2018, were freshmen when Williams first started here. At every senior meeting, he has stressed how this class holds a special place in his heart because they started at this school together.