*Spoiler Free* Avengers: Infinity War Review

Jasmin Rubio-Monge (10) getting excited for Avengers: Infinity War

Nigel Ice

Nigel Ice

Nigel Ice, Staff Reporter

The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) started back in 2008 with Iron Man and has come very far in the past ten years. The MCU started with one known superhero and now there are over thirty. With about twelve movies already released, Avengers: Infinity War was by far the most anticipated. The writers at Marvel have been building up to this movie for ten years and it definitely did not disappoint.

Infinity War is a major point in the MCU, so it is recommended that all of the previous movies have been seen before watching it. This spoiler free review will definitely let you know if Infinity War is worth the nearly three hours of viewing.

The movie features almost every superhero introduced into the MCU up to this point. Throughout the movie, there is plenty of comedy with some of the best banter between that characters. There is action, just like any Marvel movie, but there are also very dramatic scenes and a highly emotional section of the film which includes the deaths of beloved characters. Infinity War, in my opinion, has some of the best twists throughout the film that I never saw coming. During the two hours and forty minutes that I spent in the theater (twice), there was never a boring moment, even the second time seeing the movie. There are so many secrets and references that it is impossible to spot all of them the first time around.

Also, the amazing character development given to Thanos makes him feel like he has been the main character in every movie up to this point. Infinity War was his first major appearance and he is already most of the fans favorite villains in the MCU, including me. The writers make the audience understand the characters and sometimes question if they are really doing the right thing. Sophomore Anna Tankersley commented on her experience with the movie. She said, “I am a huge Marvel fan, I’ve been watching these movies since the first Avengers and I have loved them all and Infinity War has become my favorite. The plot twists made this movie so unpredictable and that made it ten times  more interesting.”

Avengers: Infinity War is the product of ten years worth of buildup and I believe that it was well worth the wait. This movie has quickly become my favorite Marvel movie because it features all of the best parts of all of the past Marvel films while being its own movie. I definitely recommend for everybody to see this movie, even non-Marvel fans.

About the Writer
Nigel Ice, Staff Reporter

Nigel Ice is a senior at Wade Hampton High School and this is his second year writing for The Herald. He enjoys relaxing at home watching Rick and Morty when he is not working at Tony’s Pizza or Full House Sportzaria. Nigel aspires to be a world history teacher after attending Greenville Tech for two years, then transferring to a four year college. He has two dogs: one is a pure German Shepherd puppy and the other is a mix of Husky, Pitbull, and Lab. He is excited to finish his time in high school with the newspaper staff and is ready to have a wonderful year.