Thank You Wade Hampton

May 23, 2018

Thank You Wade Hampton

I am at a loss for what words to use to describe my high school years. So many wonderful things have happened to me since I became a freshman back in 2013. The time seems to have passed within seconds, yet it was almost four years ago when I walked through those doors for the first time. I never believed I was going to make it this far with all of the accomplishments that I have made. I was not expecting to be blessed with all of the amazing people I have met and grown with over the years.

It is difficult to decide which moment has been the best in my high school career so far. There have been so many amazing things that I have had the chance to experience since transferring to Wade Hampton my junior year. From my first spirit week to having classes with my favorite teachers, or meeting some of my best friends that I will have by my side for the years to come.

However, the only thing going through my mind as I’m writing this article is when I met my best friend. I met TJ Lau spring semester, junior year in Chemistry. Mr. Swindall sat us next to each other in the seating chart and we have been inseparable ever since. We always worked together in labs and listened to Lil Peep (rest in peace). After school let out, we continued to talk throughout the summer and became closer and closer with each passing day. When school began again in August we discovered that we had Physics together as well. We would go to Chick-Fil-A for lunch almost every day and talk about nothing and everything.  We even worked together every day after school at Ingles Market.

He is by far my favorite person in life. He has been with me through so much and has helped me with all of the obstacles I have faced in my life. I cannot believe how lucky I have been to have him in my life. We are truly non-romantic soulmates and I could not thank Wade Hampton more for putting him in my life.