My Favorite Moment

May 23, 2018

My Favorite Moment

Before seniors got their yearbooks, I stood in the gym with the yearbook staff and held up my last high school yearbook for a picture.

Over my past four years of high school, I have experienced lots of smiles, many laughs, and even a few tears. My years at Wade Hampton have been some of the greatest years of my life. It’s crazy to think that I’m about to graduate high school. High school flew by, and leaving is bittersweet. It was hard for me to pick a favorite moment. My time in high school was full of favorite moments, so I decided to pick the one that meant the most to me: when I first saw the 2017-2018 yearbook.

I decided to stay for third block my senior year and take yearbook and newspaper. This was hard at first because most of my friends were leaving after second and I wasn’t. Even though it might not seem like it at times, I love yearbook. I love standing on the sidelines at football games taking pictures. I love trying to incorporate cool elements into the yearbook. I love spending time trying to find that one freshman who you so desperately want to tag. I love creating something that I can always remember.

When I first saw this year’s yearbook, I finally saw that all of my hard work paid off. The thing that I had been working towards all year was finally in my hands. I had truly created something I was so proud of. Yearbook was a large part of my life for three years in high school. It was crazy for it to all come to an end.