Senior Year

Senior Year

Zoie Poole, Staff Reporter

Senior year has hit me hard. I have always been a person who craves an adventure but something about leaving home and living in a dorm with three other girls scares me to death. The months leading up to graduation and the end of the year have not only been stress-filled and exciting but they have been truly eye-opening. As a high school girl, life is a roller coaster and so many things are being thrown in your direction. This year I learned to accept everything that is being thrown at me. It is a struggle to find your way in a place like Wade Hampton but this year has been the year for me to do just that.

I have never felt true love and kindness until I met Lauren Fels, a fellow staff member. She has shown me that no matter how wrong people do you and no matter how bad times can get, respect and friendship is the way to go. She has proved to me that you do not have to like someone to be kind to them, it was just her way of life and I am truly inspired by it. Instead of going to college close-minded about how my future will be, I decided that I will be open. Instead of the judgment that everyone seems to have in their hearts, I will cast a smile to strangers and to people who I might not even like. Over the past four years, I have learned that kindness is the key to success and Lauren has aided me in realizing that. When all I needed was friendship and a kind heart she gave it to me and she gave our friendship her all. I am extremely sad that I have to leave her next year but I have made a commitment to myself that I will shine a light at University of South Carolina like Lauren did at Wade Hampton.