Yearbook Day Recap

Yearbook Day Recap

Colby Lister (10) having an exciting moment with his new yearbook.

Nigel Ice

Nigel Ice

Nigel Ice

Nigel Ice, Staff Reporter

Each school year, students from around the school gather to claim their yearbooks on a day called Yearbook Day. On Yearbook Day, the yearbook staff distributes yearbooks to all of the students who bought one. This year, Yearbook Day was done a little differently to make things a tad bit easier for the staff and the teachers. This year, the seniors were put into the gym and given their yearbooks and a little bit of free time to get them signed. The underclassmen came to Mrs. Grieve’s room during first block to get their yearbooks. Compared to last year’s yearbook, this year was much more tame and calm, but much easier. Although the underclassmen did not have a lot of time to sign their yearbooks, there is time before school and during lunch. Last year’s Yearbook Day was much more for entertaining the students while they socialize and get their yearbooks.

Sophomore Riley Wasse said, “I was a little mad that we didn’t get to sign each other’s books and that the freshmen got to get their books before us, but at least I got to get out of class for a little bit.” Mrs. Grieve, the yearbook advisor, said that she preferred the way yearbook day was done this year over the last. As a staff member, I personally enjoyed yearbook day more last year because there was so much more to do and more time to interact with each other, but this year was definitely much easier and faster for everybody. I am already looking forward to next year, especially since I’ll be the co-editor of The Trevilian.