Which Incredibles Movie Was Better?

Which Incredibles Movie Was Better?

September 7, 2018

Accept It, Sequels Are Never Better

Accept It, Sequels Are Never Better

Freshman Emily McCall shows up to swim practice in her t-shirt referencing the original Incredibles.

To say that something as iconic as The Incredibles could be topped by a mere sequel is to hold nothing sacred in this world. The movie was originally released in 2004 when most current high school students were at a prime age to watch lighthearted Disney movies. It was the perfectly crafted movie, made for people of all ages to enjoy. It had everything: humor, action, and of course family values sprinkled in. With two Oscars to its name, no one can contest the greatness of the original. Senior Madison Frederick, who prefers the original movie to the sequel, commented, “This movie was definitely one of me and my sister’s favorite movies when we were younger. It was such a fun movie with lots of action, and it was something different from the regular princess and animal movies that Disney is so good at.”

One thing that Incredibles 2 lacked was the introduction of each character and their powers. The first movie allowed for a bit of focus on every main character, because the audience needed to get to know them and how they got their powers. In the sequel, new heroes crowd the focus which should belong only to the main characters. Frederick added, “I like how the Incredibles were the only superheroes in the first movie. In the second one, some of the new heroes were kind of stupid and not that impressive. It made the whole superhero thing less impressive.”

Incredibles 2 had big shoes to fill after the raging success of the first movie. Sure, the box office numbers are much higher for the sequel, but that does not change what all fans know to be true. Incredibles 2 will never be as iconic as its counterpart. Frozone’s famous scene alone, which features the quote, “Honey, where is my super suit?” makes the choice between Incredibles or Incredibles 2 a no-brainer. It is a universal truth that the sequel of any given movie will never truly surpass the original.

Disney
This iconic gif of Dash has become a very popular reaction picture on social media.