Everything Crepes and Coffee! Review on Tandem Creperie and Coffeehouse

Daniel Qualls (11) and Emma Carver (11) enjoying Crepes, Coffee, and time with friends

McKayla Epps, Staff Reporter

The school year is in full swing, and students are looking for new places to have a good meal and study for their classes. Everyone needs a place to get together with friends and family. Many business owners try to make their businesses friendly for students. For learning, students seek places that are calm, quiet, and clean. Tandem Creperie and Coffeehouse checks all of the boxes. Here is the scoop on everything about Tandem Creperie and Coffeehouse.

Tandem Creperie and Coffeehouse is located right in the middle of downtown Travelers Rest (TR) at 2 South Main St. It has a 4.5 rating on Yelp and is the number one restaurant in downtown TR. The restaurant’s fun, vintage look makes it stand out from its surroundings. This eatery is known for its scrumptious crepes and eye-catching coffee, as well as their charming atmosphere.  Junior Mackenzie Clinch says, “My favorite meal is their Banana Nut crepe. The crepe is spread with Nutella and has a banana and mixed nuts on top, and is absolutely delicious.  The restaurant is a nice place to hang out, and their variety of crepes makes it fun for all ages.”

Tandem Creperie and Coffeehouse is one of my personal favorite places to eat. My favorite savory option on the menu is the Lumberjack, made with ham, bacon, eggs, and cheese, topped with maple syrup and béchamel sauce. The sweet dessert crepes are difficult to choose from. They are all appetizing, but if I had to choose one it would be the Blueberry Cream Crepe, it is filled with blueberry cream cheese and a cinnamon crumble, topped with whipped cream and blueberry sauce. One aspect of the restaurant that I do not like is the fact they open early and close early. School ends for most students at 3:45, so opening at 7 and closing at 3 does not allow you to go there on weekdays.

The restaurant is conveniently situated right beside the Swamp Rabbit Trail and is located near many other fun stores. Tandem is a great atmosphere for students to collaborate with others and have a delicious meal in the process.