The Age Old Question: Apple or Android?

October 5, 2018

Why Android Users Should Have an iPhone

Why Android Users Should Have an iPhone

A group of Wade Hampton High School’s finest seniors at this past weeks bonfire taken on the brand new iPhone XS (left) vs a picture of the bonfire taken on an Android phone (right)

Nigel Ice

Nigel Ice

Nigel Ice

Apple’s most known and successful device, the iPhone, took the world by storm when it was released in 2008. Ten years later, Apple is still on top, being the first trillion dollar company in the world. With all this success there are a few that would like to take it away from Apple.

The company’s main competitor, Samsung, has stolen ideas from Apple’s devices and ruined them on their own phones. For example, last year when the iPhone X was announced, everybody was complaining about the notch on the screen. A Samsung phone, the Galaxy S9, not only copied the notch but added a chin at the bottom of the phone, making it worse. Aside from copying the iPhone, Samsung’s user interface is such a poor use of software versus the iPhone. Apple’s iOS has been the most user-friendly interface on a phone ever according to customers, while people who have never used either then tried both have said the Android interface is too difficult to navigate versus iOS. While software and hardware ideas are important, the way the phones are used and hold up are factors that hold much weight. A recent video posted on YouTube by EverythingApplePRo showed a test of the water resistance of Apple and Samsung’s most recent phones, and in the end, the iPhone walked away with no damage at all while the Galaxy phone did not do so hot. In the end, it is up to the user’s preference of which phone they want to use. Ask any Herald staff member (except Avery Pollock) and they will surely take Apple’s side.