Spotlight: Chloe Hiott’s Golf Success

Chloe+Hiott+%2811%29+getting+ready+to+hit+a+great+drive.+

Spotlight: Chloe Hiott’s Golf Success

Chloe Hiott (11) getting ready to hit a great drive.

McKayla Epps, Staff Reporter

The Wade Hampton girls golf team had a great season this year. One of the team’s star golfers, senior Chloe Hiott truly dominated the greens this season. This is Chloe’s fourth year on the golf team and her last season was an incredible one.

Along with her teammates, Chloe played in the upper state tournament at Waterford Golf Club in Rock Hill, North Carolina, on Monday, October 15th. At this match, her astounding score qualified her for the state tournament, where she played against other female golfers at the top of the high school league. At the tournament, Chloe did outstanding. On the second day, she scored a 78, which is an impeccable score, and finished with a sixteen over par. Not only that, Chloe ended the tournament ranked 18th out of almost 90 individuals.

Along with golf, Chloe plays basketball, participates in FCA, Beta Club, and Junior Civitan. Aside from her sports and extracurriculars, she excels in academics. Chloe has maintained a GPA higher than 4.0 during all four years of high school. One of Chloe’s greatest motives was a little sibling rivalry with her and her brother. Chloe expressed, “My brother made a bet with me, he said that I couldn’t letter in golf before he did, so I proved him wrong.” Little did she know, the bet would lead to lots of success. Chloe’s twin brother, Hagen Hiott, could not be more proud of his sister’s achievements this season. He said, “I am very proud of her. I always like to think I can beat her but with the way she played this year, I don’t know anyone who could. I never thought she would make it as far as she has, but she has exceeded all expectations and our family couldn’t be prouder.” Chloe’s many achievements have gotten her a few offers from different colleges and she hopes to continue to play golf in college.