More Time Between Class Changes?

More Time Between Class Changes?

Emin Dermirkilic (10) realizing that he only has one more minute left before he has to be at his second block class, which happens to be on the other end of the school.

Avery Pollock

Avery Pollock

Avery Pollock

Avery Pollock, Staff Reporter

As with any school, most students look forward to the usual five-minute break between class changes to talk with friends, or just for a general break before the next class. A popular discussion between all students alike is if that time between classes should be increased. But just what is so important about an increase to that break time?

One popular belief among students is that the time between class changes is one of the only times to socialize besides lunch. Most students may not have their best friend at lunch to talk to, making it too difficult to see them between the regular class changes. However, with a minimum of four to five minutes added to the class change, it could easily allow students to meet up with friends, and still have about three to four minutes to spare. All in all, it would not be a serious problem. With all of this being said, sophomore Emin Demirkilic gave his own opinion about the proposed extension: “It is the perfect amount of time to find the friends with classes near you and walk with them to your class.” Demirkilic then clarified that, while he does enjoy the five minute break granted to students now, he also states that the current class time is “enough to meet up with a friend and go to a class,” but also followed up with this concern on the matter: “If there were too much time between class changes, then I’m pretty sure there would be some crazy things in the hallways.”

Whether it is to meet up with a friend or just go to the bathroom, most students share the same belief: time between class changes should be further extended in order to help provide everyone alike with an enjoyable break before the next class period.

About the Writer
Avery Pollock, Staff Reporter

Avery Pollock, junior at Wade Hampton High, comes from a small family of four, along with two very irritable Chihuahuas. Born and raised in Greenville,...