Fu of Kyoto: Restaurant Review

Fu of Kyoto: Restaurant Review

Avery Pollock, Staff Reporter

With fast food options like McDonald’s and Taco Bell being so close to school, lots of students choose to eat at the two solely out of convenience, even though they would rather eat somewhere else. During the three years I have been at Wade Hampton, I could not find a restaurant close to school that had delicious and cheap food along with great service. That is until I found Fu of Kyoto, a local Japanese steakhouse located on Wade Hampton Blvd.

The first thing that will instantly stand out to you as it did for me is the affordability of the food. You will be hard pressed to find yourself spending more than eight dollars a meal and is definitely worth what you will be getting. The menu includes just about what you would expect from a Japanese steakhouse, and everything is below ten dollars. I usually get the hibachi chicken, which only sets me back around five to six dollars.

Secondly, Fu of Kyoto has definitely entangled me with just how good the food is overall. Now, don’t get me wrong, a five dollar label definitely makes food sound a whole lot better, but when the food actually manages to get you hooked on sheer flavor and quality alongside being affordable and fast, it is a whole new feeling. Just about all the food at Fu of Kyoto is of high quality for a small and simple steakhouse, and will always leave you feeling satisfied and full by the end. Senior Rose Chappell finds herself visiting the location often and even had her own words to say regarding her new favorite restaurant: “Fu of Kyoto is an exceptionally good restaurant. The sushi there is very good, and the people are very welcoming and friendly as well.”

As an avid visitor of Fu of Kyoto, I can easily say that it holds a spot in my top ten best restaurants. With the restaurant having such low prices and great quality food, it is hard to say no. If you are ever in need of a new fast, friendly, and cost-efficient restaurant where the food quality is well above average, then look no further than Fu of Kyoto, a place where eating out is always a pleasure.

About the Writer
Avery Pollock, Staff Reporter

Avery Pollock, junior at Wade Hampton High, comes from a small family of four, along with two very irritable Chihuahuas. Born and raised in Greenville,...