Stay Organized with a Bullet Journal

Stay Organized with a Bullet Journal

The future log is a space to document upcoming events.

Amanda Wampler, Staff Reporter

Most students strive for organization in their school and personal life but lack the skills to get there. From buying twenty dollar agendas that go unused to writing to-do lists on any spare paper and throwing them out after one day, getting organized sometimes feels impossible. Luckily, a method of creating a “personalized” agenda has become popular in the past several years. Bullet journaling is a new method of designing pages, called spreads, to create an agenda that specifically targets the user’s needs. Though designing a journal may seem daunting, the process is simple and gives the creator an outlet for creativity and a way to release stress.

The only supplies needed in order to create a bullet journal are pens, colored or black, and a journal with dot grid pages. Then, just start planning the pages that will be in the journal. The main spreads involved include a daily spread, a weekly spread, a monthly spread, and a year overview. The daily spread is the place to list homework and other tasks that should get done that day. The weekly spread is used to list work dates, test dates, and any other important events during the week. The monthly and yearly overview spread is a broad overview of any major dates that need to be remembered. These basic spreads are the heart of the bullet journal, and they are easy to customize to best fit different schedules and lifestyles. Junior Mackenzie Trotter believes that bullet journals are much more helpful than regular agendas. She said, “Bullet journaling is both a calming and maddening way of tracking your tasks. Using this tool makes you become more organized and aware of your day to day life.” Aside from the basic spreads, bullet journaling can be as creative as the person wants. The easiest way to find new ideas for spreads or designs is Pinterest. Some ideas are a goals page, a need to watch or read page, and a habit tracker.

This journal is an easy and effective way of organizing not only day to day life, but long term dates and goals as well. For someone looking for an easy hobby and a creative outlet, starting a bullet journal is the path to take.