The Yearbook Will Now Feature the Current Year’s Spring Sports

Cameron Knox (11) poses for a soccer picture to put in the yearbook

Isabella Ortiz Calzada

Isabella Ortiz Calzada

Isabella Ortiz Calzada

Isabella Ortiz Calzada, Staff Reporter

The time has come, and the dreams of every spring sports athlete have come true. For the first time ever at Wade Hampton, the current year’s spring sports at the school will be presented in the yearbook. Senior Haley Huston says, “I’m really grateful that I’ll now be able to look back on my softball career in high school.”

For as long as the yearbook has covered spring sports, all of the sports have been one year out of date. This is because the yearbook is due to the yearbook company in total in March, which is usually when spring sports teams are having their first games. Mrs. Grieve and the sports staff have given lots of thought to the matter. It will be a difficult task to carry out, but this is a mission that can be completed. At the moment it is the number one priority for the three members of sports staff. Considering their passion and hope for the section, there is no doubt about the quality of the outcome. Starting on January 28th, the sports staff will kick into high gear. It will be a very stressful month for this staff. During the spring, seven sports will be in season, fourteen teams will play, and nineteen pages will be filled. The deadline for the yearbook staff to accomplish all of this is February 28th, giving them only one more month to do what has never been before.

Obviously, February 28th is cutting it a bit close to only the beginning of many sports’ seasons, but this is already a very generous extension that the yearbook company has given to the staff. Despite that small inconvenience, this year’s yearbook is sure to shine amongst a long line of WHHS yearbooks. With that said, hopefully, everyone takes the chance to quickly buy their yearbook before they run out. See Mrs. Grieve in room 202 or visit the Jostens website.