“What, Girl? Kelly Clarkson is in The Well?”

Grace+Wadas+%2811%29%2C+went+on+The+Well%27s+website+to+look+at+the+upcoming+concerts+for+the+year.+

Grace Wadas (11), went on The Well's website to look at the upcoming concerts for the year.

Keigan Tucker

Keigan Tucker

Keigan Tucker

Keigan Tucker, Staff Reporter

From WWE to Chris Stapleton, The Well has it all. The Well is what the Bon Secours Wellness Area in downtown Greenville is called. Most people go there for an occasional Swamp Rabbits hockey game or a concert from time to time. The state-of-the-art arena holds 15,000 seats and is the perfect venue for sports and entertainment, it has even made it on the list for the top fifty arenas in the world.

The question is, why do big-name artists want to come to such a small arena? This year, Kelly Clarkson, Eric Church, Thomas Rhett, Chris Stapleton, and many more are coming to Greenville. In the past, The Well has had Disney on Ice, Kevin Hart, Blake Shelton, and Miranda Lambert. It is such a small arena for big name people to have on their tour list, which puts this question in people’s minds. Maybe it is because their fame is declining and that is the only thing they can book, or maybe they want to show some love to the smaller areas.

Usually, the arena is home to hockey or comedy, so when someone like Kelly Clarkson or Thomas Rhett puts it on their list, people start to notice. Maybe they come to Greenville to advertise the town, show other people it is a nice place to come to. Or it could even be a place where rising artists or comedians get their start. Whatever the reason, no one in Greenville is complaining, so hopefully, these celebrities keep on stopping at The Well for a quick concert or show. Sophomore Makenzie Marler Manent said, “Well they don’t really have control over it their tour managers do and out of the areas around here we are one of the bigger ones. Also, they would not want their fans to get annoyed by them not coming here.”