A New Way to Make Money Fast

A New Way to Make Money Fast

Christina Nguyen (11) shows off a new $6 shirt that was sold on Rebecca Grant's closet account @this.anddd.that.

Amanda Wampler, Staff Reporter

Making money is important for students in high school. It gives students a chance to spend their own money and save for the future. Sometimes, though, finding a job can be hard to do, so students have begun to get creative. Closet accounts on Instagram are simply accounts where teenagers sell their old clothes, sometimes at a set price and sometimes as a bid. Students like junior Addie Hudson have been able to make good money from it. “I started my closet account because I just thought it would be a fun and easy way to make a little money and get rid of clothes that I don’t wear anymore. I like doing it this way because I know other people will now get to enjoy these clothes the way I once did,” Hudson stated.

Not only are closet accounts useful to the seller, but they help the buyer as well. When shopping for new clothes, even just a shirt can often run up to sixty dollars. Buying clothes this way can save a lot of money because the people selling them are usually selling them for a fraction of the cost. Senior Kya Bates loves shopping from her classmates closet accounts. She said, “I like them because it feels a lot easier to buy clothes from people I know and trust, and clothes that not everyone else will have if I had bought them at a normal store.” She continued to say that she likes that bidding is an easy way to be in control of how much she wants to spend on her clothes. Everything she has bought from these closet accounts has been good quality, and the people selling the clothes are nice and make it easy to pick up.

For anyone looking for a way to get rid of clothes and make some extra cash, starting a closet account is a perfect way to do that. In addition, anyone looking to buy some new cheap clothes can follow these accounts on Instagram.