At Home Breakfast Sausage Egg Cup

At Home Breakfast Sausage Egg Cup

Amanda Wampler, Staff Reporter

Say hello to the easiest breakfast ever. Sausage and egg cups are easy to make and even easier to warm up and take out the door. Most students live busy lives, and having an easy breakfast ready every morning means there is more time to catch up on much-needed rest. For only 152 calories per egg bite, it is difficult to beat this meal.

Though I found this recipe online, I made a few alterations so that I could use the ingredients I already had at my house.

• 6 eggs
  • 6 tbsp heavy cream
  • 12 oz breakfast sausage
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Shredded cheddar cheese

First, preheat the oven to 350 and grease a muffin tin. Make sure to spray a heavy layer of oil onto the pan, as these sick quite easily. After the muffin tins are ready, start with the egg mixture. Whisk the eggs with the heavy cream until completely combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. The classic recipe calls for sausage patties to be laid at the bottom of the tins, but I used chopped sausage instead. I sprinkled a layer of Jimmy Deans Fully Cooked Sausage Scramble on the bottom of the tin, then poured the egg mixture on top of it. Again, this recipe calls for sliced cheese, but I preferred shredded cheese sprinkled over them. Once the sausage, eggs, and cheese are in the tin, stick them in the oven and bake them for 20 minutes. When they are done, let them cool and either put them in the fridge for later or eat them right away. These can be saved for 3-4 days, so they can be used for almost a full week of breakfasts.

Sophomore Jessica Wampler tried these and she loved them. She said, “These cups were so good and so easy to make. I always wake up late, so these make it easy to run out the door after heating them up. I really like them.” As she states, these breakfast cups are the best on the go recipe to give you the energy needed to conquer the day.