NAEP Testing at WHHS

NAEP Testing at WHHS

Courtesy of truthinamericaeducation.com

Courtesy of truthinamericaeducation.com

Courtesy of truthinamericaeducation.com

Nigel Ice, Staff Reporter

A few weeks ago, certain seniors were selected to take a test for the federal government that is used to determine the United States’ report card. What does that mean? The test seniors took the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) test that will reflect how well the country is educating the youth and with people like Lil Pump running around, we could really use some good results. When the test was given, it was given at different times. The first round was at 8:45 then at 9:00 and 11:15; the 8:45 test was taken on paper while the other two times the test was taken they used windows surface computers. The exact reason for that is unknown, but that did cause the students that took the test at 8:45 to take much longer.

The day of the test the students that did attend that were selected, were treated with fresh Chick-Fil-A biscuits and we’re excused from all of their classes for the day. One downside to the test though is that many of the seniors selected did not show up and if the people who administered the test do not get a ninety percent completion rate then they will have to give the test again until they get a ninety percent completion rate. While the test was being taken members of the NAEP would watch the student, there was one person for every two students taking the test. Senior Julianna Crawford said,“They got us all fresh CFA biscuits and excused is from our classes, but on top of that people still didn’t show up. I had the science version and it was pretty lit and didn’t take too long.”