Tragic Loss of Actor Luke Perry

Tragic Loss of Actor Luke Perry

Actor, Luke Perry, died suddenly at 52, and Riverdale fans are heartbroken over the loss of a well known character.

Luna Riley, Staff Reporter

Luke Perry, an actor on the famous television show Riverdale and so much more, died on March 4 and fans and friends are still mourning over this beloved actor. Perry played on several well-known movies and TV shows before becoming one of Riverdale’s characters, Fred Andrews, whose kind heart and good morals made him a fan favorite. The same could be said for Luke Perry outside of the show, and all of his fellow actors and actresses miss him dearly. In an interview with Page Six, a friend of Perrys, Brian Austin Green said, “Luke was a special guy. I’m still mourning over it, so there’s a part of me that’s kind of shocked that I’m speaking about Luke this way.We all knew that at some point we’d have to deal with losing cast members and friends, but not this soon. Not at 52. Not in such an abrupt way Luke was one of those people nobody had a bad story about. He was just a great guy. And he was Luke no matter where you saw him, no matter when you saw him, no matter what he was going through. He was a rock.”

Riverdale, the show he was playing on before he died, is still trying to process this great loss, but they announced that there is a method on how they want to address Perry’s death on the show. The show plans to discuss his death through his on-screen character, but an official narrative has not been released yet. In an interview with ET Online, Roberto Aguirre-Sacassa, the executive producer of Riverdale, said, “When I was with the crew, I said, ‘It will never be the same,’ and that’s true because Luke was such a part of the show. His spirit — which was so generous and wise and vivacious — we hope will infuse every episode, so in my mind, every episode for the rest of time on Riverdale will have a bit of Luke in it.” It seems that a tragic loss like this in the technological society we live in affects people all over the world. Many fans and fellow actors and actresses are hurting over the loss of the talented Luke Perry. Freshman Hudson Friss said, “I think the show will personally either find a replacement for him or they will try to erase his character. Either way, the show will need to be changed for better or worse.”