Meet the New Student Body President, Coan Luquire

Our new class president poses with a few of the Clement's Kindness kids during this years 2018 Spirit Week.

River Herron, Staff Reporter

Senior year is one of the most important periods of time in a teenagers life. This is a year of progression, and it also contains some of the most fun a student can have throughout their four year journey. Who dictates this fun students have? The student body president, the one who creates the schools aura around participating in school-hosted activities. Coan Luquire, who has been a student council member since freshman year, has been a player on the schools golf team, and is a current Junior Marshal, has been chosen as the 2020 Student Body President. Coan will spend a year listening to the student body and telling the Student Council, who decides how most school events are organized, what the students want out of their school.

“[I want] to be the one that shows up to all the events, whether it’s a football game, a band competition, or a play at the FAC,” said Coan. A president who has a drive for a student body to be heavily involved in school-hosted activities is exactly what every school needs. He also says, “I want our class to want to go and support their fellow students at the things that they excel in,” which creates a relationship between students that lead to better and even stronger school spirit. Speaking of school spirit, Coan also has given himself the task of earning a total during Spirit Week that “will never be topped.” As the first male student body president since 2010, he is already switching things up. With the 2020 school year only eight months away, students are excited to see what’s to come.