Kahoot in the Cafeteria?

Kahoot in the Cafeteria?

Colby Lister (11) and Bryce Bridwell (11) both prepare to partake in the Kahoot held during third lunch.

Avery Pollock

Avery Pollock

Avery Pollock

Avery Pollock, Staff Reporter

One of the nation’s most infamous classroom online learning tools, Kahoot, made an appearance in Wade Hampton High School’s cafeteria recently. The popular game that is used by teachers in order to help students learn through technology, is a quiz-oriented game that is well-liked among students. This game broke out of the usual classroom setting and set the stage for one interesting and unique experience in the cafeteria during lunch.

This Kahoot game was unlike what students are accustomed to: instead of questions that are related to a specific subject, there were questions mostly relating to pop culture, interesting geographical facts, and other seemingly random or unexpected questions. This game was held among all students in the cafeteria during all three lunches and had over one hundred participants in each game. This was a new means of entertainment for students at lunch and has not happened again since last week. Junior Colby Lister was one of the students who did not particularly like the idea. He claimed it was “a waste of time and overall a decision that is asking for trouble. It has the means to become very chaotic and interrupt other students ability to relax.”

The idea seemed well-planned at first, but got mixed reviews from students. Talk in the halls among students ranged from positive to negative feedback about the game, so only time will tell if this idea was pure genius or just one that was decided too fast.

About the Writer
Avery Pollock, Staff Reporter

Avery Pollock, junior at Wade Hampton High, comes from a small family of four, along with two very irritable Chihuahuas. Born and raised in Greenville,...