March Madness Update

March Madness Update

In a moment during the Villanova Duke game, players demonstrate true March Madness.

Nigel Ice, Staff Reporter

March is always an exciting season for the basketball fans of the world because of March Madness. March Madness is a time where friendships are ended and cash is lost. When two friends compare brackets and say they will make a “friendly” bet on who will come out on top, plan on those two friends never speaking to each other again after the month is over. Throughout the month of March, sixty-eight teams from around the nation play head to head for bragging rights and more money than anyone at Wade Hampton would know what to do with. Of course, this is not the NBA March Madness, it is for the NCAA. Right now, the four teams left on the bracket are Auburn, Virginia, Texas Tech, and MI State. The next game is on Saturday, April 6, a decisive day that will determine which teams will play in the championship game which will be on April 8. This is also the day everyone will be going broke and losing all of their friends.

In the end, March Madness is truly as it is described: madness. It is not hard to see why. Junior Jake Liptak had the following to say about March Madness: “I usually don’t watch a lot of basketball it doesn’t really excite me, but I see why other people do get over-hyped about it. Now if this was football season, maybe I’d be interested. But as long as that’s not the case I’m not too hyped.”

About the Writer
Nigel Ice, Staff Reporter

Nigel Ice is a senior at Wade Hampton High School and this is his second year writing for The Herald. He enjoys relaxing at home watching Rick and Morty...