Menkoi Ramen House Makes Everyone Soy Happy

Jennifer Khuu (12), Jayla Hampton (12), Ella McCall (12), Taylor Hancock (12), and a few other students enjoyed a good meal at Menkoi Ramen House.

Keigan Tucker

Keigan Tucker

Keigan Tucker

Keigan Tucker, Staff Reporter

When someone hears the word ramen, their mind goes directly to the infamous Cup Noodles or ramen packets from the store. I was the same way, but now when I hear the word ramen, I immediately think of Menkoi Ramen House in downtown Greenville, located near the hotel and other restaurants like Roost. It is one of the hidden gems in downtown that everyone needs to know about. Their food is very good and their prices are very reasonable.

My go-to meal here every time is the Chicken Ramen, which includes; chicken, noodles, and various greens in the soup based meal. Usually, for good ramen, the prices are not particularly appealing to high school students, but at Menkoi, the servings are very fitting with the prices. Also, it is so good, the perfect meal for any time and they are open every day. They open at eleven in the morning and close at two-thirty in the afternoon. They open up again later in the day at five o’clock at night then close for the day at ten o’clock at night. The service is really good and the food comes out in a reasonable time. I have never heard anything bad said about this place, and some even say it is the best ramen in Greenville. Sophomore Morgan Rhodes said, “I love Menkoi Ramen House, that place is so good.” It is a nice welcoming restaurant where you can enjoy your ramen while watching Japanese cartoons on the TV with your family and friends.