Final Month of High School for Seniors

Final Month of High School for Seniors

Nigel Ice, Staff Reporter

Now that spring break has come and gone, and prom is right around the corner, high school is beginning to wrap up for the seniors at Wade Hampton High School. One of the most exciting and equally sad times of the year is here, and with less than a month left of their high school experience, what is there left for the seniors now? Besides prom and senior exams, not much really happens. The last day of school is May 23 and graduation is on June 4.  Until then, all the seniors really have left is to finish up their final classes strong and walk in that cap and gown on June 4. If senioritis has not kicked in yet for the seniors, now is probably the time that it will. While there is only a month left, it is still very important to keep grades up in the last classes of high school and make sure to show up too. Just because the year is almost over and seniors think that they have made it to the end, there is still plenty of time for failure and time to be held back due to absences or poor grades. Although knowing the seniors at Wade Hampton High School are definitely leading like Generals and not slacking off, most students are well on track to graduate. Senior Colby Presley has been working hard every day to keep his grades up and will continue to do so until he has his diploma in his hand. High school is “the time of your life” and that time is about to be over, which is sad, scary, and exciting all at once. After June 4, the seniors are going to be on their own, they will be adults and will hopefully be somewhat ready to take on the real world.