In Need of Some R&R

In Need of Some R&R

It can be difficult for me to balance everything sometimes.

Kaitlyn Lundy, Editor

Senior year has not been what I expected.  Throughout high school I have seen it as the year when classes are easier and there’s more time for fun.  This is far from the truth.  Senior year requires more responsibility and discipline than I ever imagined.  Between working throughout the week, tackling endless assignments, applying for college, filling out scholarship applications, and having some form of a social life, it can be hard to juggle everything.  Lately, I’ve found myself with less time in the week to have time for myself.  That is why during Spring Break, I am taking a breather.  I’m hoping to take some day trips with friends to Asheville or Pretty Place and watch loads of Netflix to recuperate before the craziness of May commences.  That week is what I will need in order to handle exams and all things graduation in May.  

Managing my schedule this year has made me realize that there is only so much I can put onto my plate until I get incredibly overwhelmed.  I’ve had to learn how to prioritize according to my own personal needs.  I’ve also been more aware of the fact that there are only so many hours in the day.  I don’t get out early this semester, so I have to make the most of the evenings and weekends.  Senior year is what you make out of it and a stressful year is not something that you will fondly remember.  In order to survive, you have to slow down and get a grasp of things.  You have to make time for yourself.  If you don’t do that you might go insane, and no one wants to be around someone like that.