High School Football Season Canceled and Every Coach Fired

Bill+Jackson+%2811%29+made+the+decision+that+changed+the+rest+of+his+time+playing+high+school+football.+

Bill Jackson (11) made the decision that changed the rest of his time playing high school football.

Keigan

Keigan

Keigan

Keigan Tucker, Staff Reporter

A St. Louis high school, Cardinal Ritter, who was high ranking for football, has canceled the rest of their nine game season and fired their entire coaching staff after they tried to go around the rules. Junior running back, Bill Jackson, was ejected from the championship game at the end of the prior season, earning himself a one game suspension. The coaching staff at Cardinal Ritter College Prep did not think he could sit out for one game because they needed him. So, on August 31st, they played in the season opener and had Bill Jackson go into the game wearing a different number and under a different name on the roster. They ended up winning the game with the help of Jackson, but the officials could not figure out how he ended up on the field. The tattoos on Jackson’s arm gave him away causing everyone to be fired. The athletic director fired all of the coaches then retired himself. The head coach claimed he did not know the player was suspended for one game, saying that sometimes kids switch jerseys without telling anyone. Bill Jackson decided not to sit out for his one game suspension, earning him an eight game suspension for his senior season. Junior Hayden Wyatt said, “They should not have done that because no matter how much you try to cover something up, someone will always find out.” So, because of this decision, Bill Jackson will only be able to play one of their games next year in his senior year.