Smashit/Axit Review

Smashit/Axit Review

Tyler Pollock (9) about to enter Smashit/Axit to destory some bottles, picture frames, and furniture.

Avery Pollock

Avery Pollock

Avery Pollock

Avery Pollock, Staff Reporter

When stress, anger, and frustration finds itself at the precipice of action, most individuals have different methods of dealing with it. This can be anything from squeezing a stress ball to doing yoga for fifteen minutes a day. Some individuals, however, may find it more relieving to smash some furniture to bits with a sledgehammer, but obviously, this is at the cost of said piece of furniture. That was until a new local business by the name of Smashit/Axit opened up on Pleasantburg Drive, a place that, unlike any, allows people to relieve all that built up stress on regular household furniture with rentable tools.

Firstly, Smashit/Axit has two different activities to choose from: axe throwing or smashing. Had a really stressful day and feel like you could destroy anything? Choose a tool and smash everything in sight. Not feeling the adrenaline to destroy an entire room but still want to relieve some stress? Simple, just grab an axe and go to town at a wooden target. This place has just about every key ingredient in relieving built up stress and frustration. There are, however, different packages to choose from when deciding on what to smash, each with their respective prices: package one includes the standard beer, wine, liquor bottles, plates, cups and picture frames, while packages two and three includes more with the addition of furniture for package two, and a T.V set for package three. In my case, I went with package two for price preference. The options were pretty much just enough to not only give me a good time, but also relieve some built up stress like advertised. It only lasted for about ten to fifteen minutes, but the experience of being able to just destroy anything I saw was amazing. After I was done, I decided to skip the axe throwing section, but freshman Tyler Pollock decided to give it a try. After throwing a few axes and only sticking one, he exclaimed “It feels great to throw a heavy piece of metal regardless of if it sticks or not.” 

After my experience at Smashit/Axit, I can very confidently say that this is one of my all time favorite places for entertainment. While the implications of it are different, it is hard to walk and say that it was not fun. Now, anytime I feel like I can break a chair in half after a long day at school, I will remember Smashit/Axit; a place that all should attend for their stress relieving purposes.