College: Is it Too Expensive?

March 4, 2020

Colleges are rising their tuition's, but for good reason.

As seniors prepare to end their high school careers, they are met with huge decisions on where to go for college. Deciding the perfect school for them involves many factors and one of them being the cost of the college. Many argue that colleges have increased their prices too much, and because of this, students do not have as many options for after high school education. However, colleges have also created better programs and are creating opportunities for students that are better than they have ever been. And in order to develop better programs, colleges need money. 

The rising tuition of colleges is because of the demand for excellent facilities and programs. Students are coming into college, having lived cushioned lives and expect the same for their next education career. Colleges are expected to spend their money on nice dorms and food to keep students and parents happy. Students also expect an exceptional education based on the amount of money they are paying to attend the school. Government taxes are not enough to pay for everything expected of colleges; therefore, their tuition increases for the good of the students. Junior Jack Garrison agrees and said, “Colleges do not have too high of tuition because they are just trying to do their best for students. Maybe people should be blaming the government, rather than the college”. Colleges are raising prices to help students, so before complaining about the high college tuition, do research, and see the fantastic advances in today’s education.